Saturday, December 29, 2007

Its all in the mind

I always wanted to be a sportsmen, someone who is actively engaged in sports and are good at them, but that's not happening, I can't even play actively with my peers (particularly soccer) and I'd no idea what went wrong. The only sport that I think I'm good in, is badminton, the good here is being able to play but not of any standards.

For once I thought court games is my sport, so I took up tennis. Well, I was wrong, it just seemed too fast for me to pick it up. However, there's one thing I enjoyed, the encouragement from the couch, I think that's what that keeps me going.

I told my problem to a senior, and he told me this: "Sometimes, we have to be self driven, you can't possibly get encouragement every time. Sports is like a mind game, the stronger mind will emerged as the winner.". All, the time, while I was playing the game, I'd think of things like "Will I hit the ball right? ", "Will people laugh at me if I missed? ", or "Am I hitting the right way? " , instead of focusing at the opponent and the ball. Its quite demoralizing actually, and maybe that's the thing I'd've to overcome...

Watching sports is far more easier... I guess...

No comments: